Veterans center employees resign after gruesome discovery

Veterans

va_healthcare

By Sara Gonzales 

A total of four staff members employed at the Department of Veterans Affairs in Talihina, Oklahoma, have resigned after maggots were discovered in the wound of a resident who had been hospitalized at the facility.

The resident, who later died, was originally hospitalized at the facility for an unspecified infection. Executive Director Myles Deering said last week that although the maggots were found in the man’s wound before he died, his cause of death was sepsis and was determined to be unrelated to the parasites.

“He did not succumb as a result of the parasites. He succumbed as a result of the sepsis,” Deering stated.

Read the Full Article at www.theblaze.com >>>>

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on TumblrEmail this to someone

Related Posts


Comments Closed

All content herein is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are not necessarily the views of VT Jobs, VT Jobs, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network and its assigns. In addition, all images within this post are the full responsibility of the author and NOT Veterans Today Network. Notices

Posted by on 3:32 pm, With 0 Reads, Filed under General News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

 

 

You must be logged in to post a comment Login


TOP 50 READ ARTICLES THIS MONTH
From Veterans Today Network