Metlang is the largest provider of translation, transcription and interpretation services to the government law enforcement agencies nationwide. We employ experienced, native speaking professionals in over 100 languages and dialects. They hire employees, not subcontractors, and they take pride in building a relationship with their employees while providing a stable work environment, benefits and weekly payroll.
Currently Metlang is hiring for these select positions:
In order to work as a linguist under these contracts, you must be a native speaker of the foreign language with a college degree and/or some hands on experience with translation and/or interpretation.
Opportunities for individuals with or without a valid security clearance are available, if you do not currently have a security clearance Metropolitan/Metlang will sponsor you for one.
An excellent command of the English language, with the ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication.
Ability to think quickly and work in a challenging atmosphere as part of a team
Ability to work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
Basic typing/word processing skills of at least 40 words per minute*.
*Exceptions to this qualification can be made for rare and exotic languages such as African, Latin American and Asian tribal languages.
Recruiting Assistant –
• Assist in coordination and production of orientation and interviews including fingerprinting and document review
• Target appropriate candidates for position openings
• Create, update and maintain reports and candidate lists in Excel spreadsheets
• Perform data entry into company databases
• All other tasks as assigned
• A high school diploma and equivalent work experience
• College experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Type 40 wpm
• Honesty, integrity and professionalism
• High level of organization
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Time management and ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Great problem-solving skills
• Adaptable and able to multitask between various assignments
• Demonstrated team player with positive attitude
• Familiarity with IT preferred