Appen is a global leader in speech and search technology services. With expertise in more than 150 languages, Appen partners with leading technology and ecommerce companies as they develop new offerings and expand them to global markets. Their solutions help companies create engaging products with accurate speech interfaces and relevant content ranging from web sites, to maps, images, and merchandise.
Appen was founded in Sydney in 1996 by linguist Dr. Julie Vonwiller and she was later joined by her engineer husband, Chris Vonwiller. Motivated by their passion for language and technology, the Vonwillers saw an opportunity to develop linguistic technologies to support product innovation in new markets around the world.
Appen is currently hiring Virtual Social Media Evaluators:
Job Description: Get paid for using social media!
Appen has continued to add social media work-from-home opportunities for daily social media users of all ages. Join their global family of independent contractors working from home as a Social Media Evaluator!
Appen’s Social Media Evaluators are rewarded for their ability to improve the relevancy of the newsfeed for a leading global social media client. Appen offers competitive pay and project prep sessions to ensure your success.
You’ll need to commit to work 4 flexible hours a day, 5 days per week. At least one must be a weekend day. Once accepted for a project, you must meet consistent quality standards. Superior performance will make you eligible for additional social media projects.
What Appen needs from you:
• Online daily social media use i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
• Able to follow instructions, work independently and meet time conditions of the project.
• Ability to clearly express thoughts and feelings in English, both verbally and in writing.
What technology is required from you:
• A computer less than three years old
• Microsoft Windows (Vista or above) or Mac operating system (not a tablet)
• A high-speed Internet connection
• Basic aptitude for installing applications, and troubleshooting and addressing software issues with limited support.