The Santa Clara Valley Water District is the primary water resources agency for Santa Clara County, California. They are reaching out to hire U.S. Veterans and have re-upped their membership at HireVeterans.com,, the premier job board for U.S. Military Veterans to show that they are again on board with hiring Veterans.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District acts not only as the county’s water wholesaler, but also as its flood protection agency and is the steward for its streams and creeks, underground aquifers and district-built reservoirs.
As the county’s water wholesaler, the water district makes sure there is enough clean, safe water for homes and businesses. As the agency responsible for local flood protection, the water district works diligently to protect Santa Clara Valley residents and businesses from the devastating effects of flooding. Our stream stewardship responsibilities include creek restoration and wildlife habitat projects, pollution prevention efforts and a commitment to natural flood protection.
The mission of the district is a healthy, safe and enhanced quality of living in Santa Clara County through watershed stewardship and comprehensive management of water resources in a practical, cost-effective and environmentally sensitive manner for current and future generations. They are a fiscally responsible water resources agency valued by the community.
Accordingly, their values are such that they;
- are committed to providing excellent service to all customers.
- treat all individuals as unique and important and to be treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- take pride in their work and are accountable and trusted to carry out responsibilities safely with honesty and integrity.
- value initiative, leadership, personal development, and training as they vital to continuously improve.
- value open communication, cooperation, and teamwork as they are shared responsibilities and essential to the successful performance of their work.
- are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which reflects and supports the diversity of the community and enriches their perspectives.
- value a balance between work and family as it is essential to the quality of employee lives
- promote a family-friendly work environment.
Santa Clara Valley Water District current Employment Opportunities include an immediate need for two Senior District Counsel Positions, details available with HireVeterans.com
These programs promote equal opportunities for employees and applicants and contribute to a work environment in which all employees are valued for their individual contributions.
The Equal Opportunity/Non-Discrimination Plan (NDP), adopted by the district’s board of directors and updated yearly, is our blueprint for building a diverse workforce that reflects the qualified labor pool of the community we serve. Our Equal Opportunity Office, supports employees throughout the district, trains in harassment prevention and valuing differences.
Santa Clara Valley Water District
5750 Almaden Expressway
San Jose, California (United States) Phone: (408) 265-2600