How to Write the Perfect Resume – Resume Building Tips
Building a resume takes some effort, but with our tips below and our easy-to-use Resume Builder, we’ll help you build the perfect resume today!
If you want your potential employer to see you for the organized, intelligent, hard-working person you are, you need to make the employer feel and know that from the way you build your resume.
Here are some tips for preparing the perfect resume:
- Keep it short – one page, if possible.
- Be neat; make sure that you use bullet points when necessary.
- Be honest about your skills and work experience.
- Be concise and use action words (developed, handled, organized, created, etc) and phrases when describing your experience.
- Ask someone you trust to check over your resume and make sure that they really critique your work.
Be sure to include your name, address, phone number, education, and work experience, even if your work experience may be the following:
- Guarding Missle Silos in North Dakota
- Building Air Strips in Bishkek
- Driving Supply Trucks in Iraq
- Lawn Care/Snow Removal
- Newspaper Delivery
- Volunteer Work
- Working for relatives
Also be to list awards and honors you’ve received, and contact information for three references.
Depending on the position, you might need to include a cover letter that states how you found out about the position, the reasons you are interested in the job, why your qualifications fit the position and why you want to work with the company.
Follow up by email or phone a few days after the employer has your resume to make sure everything is in order.
Want a sample? Check this one out: Sample Effective Resume
Posted by VTN on 1:58 pm, With 0 Reads, Filed under Education. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.