Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Information
Announcement: Department of Labor USERRA 101 – An on-line introduction to the rules and regulations surrounding USERRA
- To sign up for the course, proceed to USERRA 101 at http://www.nvti.cudenver.edu/userra101. You will need to provide your business information to register for and access the course materials.
- Final USERRA regulations
- USERRA Fact Sheet
- USERRA Notification (Poster)
- USERRA elaws Advisor
- USERRA-FMLA Questions and Answers
- Employers of, and employees who are, members of the National Guard or Reserves may access information relative to their rights and responsibilities.
- USERRA Resource Guide — Updated 04/05 (PDF)
- Employers — some of your workers may be called to active duty
- Reservists — you have reemployment rights after your military tour of duty
- Know your rights and responsibilities!!!
- Public Service Announcement Featuring Senator Bob Dole Urging Employers to Hire Veterans First
- Public Service Announcement from Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao
- Secretary Elaine L. Chao Announces Information Military Reservists and Their Families Need to Know about Employee Benefits
Rights to Pension and Health Coverage Continue During Military Service
“Military reservists should have confidence that while they are serving their country in active duty, their job pension and health benefits will continue for their families. That is why we have developed information to familiarize reservists and family members with the federal law that protects these benefits.” — Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao
- Frequently Asked Questions for Reservists Being Called to Active Duty
- More Information/News Release
- FMLA/USERRA Guidance Memo — The Department of Labor has issued a memorandum that clarifies its position on the rights of returning service members to family and medical leave under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
- USERRA Protects Family and Medical Leave Rights of Reservists and National Guard
- USERRA Presentations on FedTalk Radio:
- January 9, 2004 Show: Guard and Reserve Issues — Hosts Diana Veilleux and Tony Vergnetti welcome Nick Dawson of the Department of Labor’s Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS).