“Choose or Lose” News Correspondent needed at MTV
Veterans with Broadcasting Experience Encouraged to Reach Out and with MTV for the 2008 Elections
by Gordon Gates
The MTV News department is searching for a new correspondent for the 2008 election. This person will be an integral part of the well-known “Choose or Lose” campaign that’s been educating and reaching our viewers on a personal and local level about election issues and policies since 1992.
MTV (Music Television) is an network based in New York City. Since its premiere, MTV has revolutionized the music industry and continues to have an impact on the popular culture, especially with the younger populace. Joining with HireVeterans,com, MTV is reaching out out to find the right U.S. Veteran to report on the 2008 Elections.
As time is of the essence, we ask that you forward this information to all Broadcast Specialists who may be good contenders for the aforementioned position. To give you a better perspective on what we are looking for, please see below:
- Correspondent Qualifications:
- Appear to be 18-30 years old
- Journalism / Communications background
- Must be extremely knowledgeable about veterans affairs, particularly the issues faced by young veterans returning from Iraq & Afghanistan
- Broad understanding of how to pitch a news story
- Know how to write a news story
- Be willing to relocate to NYC to work in our offices from August 1-December 1