Lawrence Companies, Inc., headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, is a 100% employee-owned service-based business with over 375 employees and 125 independent contractors focused on four primary business divisions: Household Goods Moving and Storage, Truckload and Flatbed Freight, Case Dealership, and Truck Bodies. One of the founding members of United Van Lines, Lawrence has been a leader in the moving and storage business for over 80 years and commenced its freight operations in 1994. These operations have grown to over 250 drivers with 1,000 trailers. In all of its business divisions Lawrence has developed an outstanding reputation for speed, reliability, quality of service, and best value.
Their other locations include Waynesboro, VA, Bridgewater, VA, Ashland, VA, Suffolk, VA and Greensboro, NC.
Success at Lawrence is due to the relationships built with clients, results driven performance, and open lines of communication. The company offers an enthusiastic, passionate, value-driven, team-oriented culture.
Lawrence Companies is currently seeking skilled veterans for these select positions:
Truck Service Technician –
Essential Job Requirements:
• Previous demonstration of successful mechanic experience
• Must be familiar with diesel engine repair and maintenance, including OSHA regulations.
• Knowledge of truck equipment required, including transmissions, engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, and electrical systems
• Experience repairing and installing transmissions
• Ability to perform component exchanges/repairs
• Knowledge of general mechanic work
• Must have ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics and manufacturer written service manuals
• Must be able to troubleshoot breakdowns and diagnose issues
• Strong analytical skills
• Must have strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency
• Work in extreme weather conditions
• Operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
• Communicate effectively with manager, co-workers, and clients
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, and short term and long term disability
• 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, and employee stock ownership plan
• Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
• Must have own tools
• 2-3 years previous
• Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Must be able to frequently stand, stoop, crawl, bend, reach, and climb
• Basic computer skills
• Welding experience is a plus
• Must be able to maintain all service related documents
• Valid driver’s license required
Posted by VTN on 7:29 am, With 0 Reads, Filed under Careers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.